As a group of organisations, we have a shared vision of making West Lancashire a place where we help each other, ourselves and our communities to be the very best we can be.
We will aim to:
- Encourage the development of better integration across the local health, wellbeing and care system in West Lancashire, improving quality and enhancing clinical and financial efficiency
- Ensure a system that is robust in its ability to improve population health, improve quality of care and achieve financial sustainability across the local health, wellbeing and care system, enhancing sustainability through enhanced collaborative working
- Strengthen collaborative relationships and decision-making between partners through joint-working on a set of agreed priority workstreams and projects
- Deepen relationships and build trust between individual system leaders and between organisations to enable an improved population health, wellbeing and care system culture
- Be purposeful in collectively tackling wider determinants to health
- Be a teaching and learning partnership.
We will introduce a true focus on neighbourhood working in the following areas:
- Ormskirk and Aughton
- Burscough and the Northern Parishes
- Skelmersdale and Upholland
We understand from data and conversations with local people that these three areas of West Lancashire have very different needs, opportunities, assets, views and experiences. Similarly, our data tells us they have different day to day lives, different factors contributing to their health and wellbeing and even different life expectancies. We would like to understand some of that further and develop a way of working that delivers the right solution for the right people in the right place.
It will take time to get there but the West Lancashire Partnership is committed to working together to achieve this vision.