The West Lancashire Partnership involves several organisations working together to improve the health, care and wellbeing of people living in West Lancashire.
We are a partnership of local organisations who each have an interest in or contribute to the health and wellbeing of people in our area.
Our partnership currently includes the organisations below, but the membership will grow as we continue to evolve:
- Lancashire County Council
- West Lancashire Borough Council
- NHS West Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
- HCRG Care Group (formerly Virgin Care)
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- GP practices, including Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
- The West Lancashire voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) sector
- Lancashire Constabulary
- Department of Work and Pensions
The challenges facing health and care are well documented and will probably not come as a great surprise. So, it is crucial we make better use of our joint resources. This includes staff, services and money.
As a partnership we will work together to a common vision: ‘A place where we help each other, ourselves and our communities to be the very best we can be’.
The partnership has been working hard to develop a plan to improve the health and wellbeing for people living in West Lancashire. It has looked at the challenges we are facing and how we aim to tackle them so people living here have longer, healthier lives.
Our plan is guided by:
- the challenges we face here in West Lancashire and what our residents and staff have told us are important to them;
- the Lancashire and South Cumbria Health and Care Partnership;
- the NHS Long Term Plan.
Big changes are needed if we want to improve the health and wellbeing of people living in West Lancashire.
We need to look at the bigger picture and work better and smarter together – not only for the benefit of patients and their families, but for our staff too.